Re: kicad-winbuilder script failing on build 3290

On 12/10/2011 7:54 AM, David J S Briscoe wrote:
> Hi,
> I've just posted this message to the kicad-users group
>

>  Hi,
>  Just tried to build kicad with the kicad-winbuilder script.
>  It fails with these messages in the following logs
>
>  make_release_stderr.log
>
>  Build testing (unstable) version of Kicad
>  mingw32-make[2]: ***
> [3d-viewer/CMakeFiles/3d-viewer.dir/3d_aux.cpp.obj] Error 1
>  mingw32-make[1]: *** [3d-viewer/CMakeFiles/3d-viewer.dir/all] Error 2
>  mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2
>

>  make_release_stdout.log
>  -- Check for installed OpenGL -- found
>  -- Check for installed wxWidgets -- found
>  -- Bazaar version control system version  found.
>  -- Kicad Bazaar build version: (2011-12-09 BZR 3290)
>  -- Could NOT find Doxygen (missing:  DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE)
>  -- WARNING: Doxygen not found - doxygen-docs (Source Docs) target not
> created
>  -- Configuring done
>  -- Generating done
>  -- Build files have been written to:
> C:/kicad-winbuilder/kicad-winbuilder/build/release
>  Scanning dependencies of target 3d-viewer
>  [  0%] Building CXX object
> 3d-viewer/CMakeFiles/3d-viewer.dir/3d_aux.cpp.obj
>
>  There is a pop up message that I will try and attach.
>
>  David.
>
> The popup says
>
> cc1plus.exe-Unable to locate component
> This application has failed to start because libgmp-10.dll was not
> found.Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

David,

The libgmp-10.dll library is part of the GCC compiler suite which
suggests that the MinGW binary path is not defined in your system path,
the kicad-winbuilder script is not adding the MinGW binary path to it's
build environment, or libgmp-10.dll is was not installed properly by
mingw-get when MinGW was installed.  If this doesn't help, maybe Brian
can shed some more light on the issue.

Wayne