Re: kicad-winbuilder script failing on build 3290

On 10/12/2011 14:58, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> On 12/10/2011 7:54 AM, David J S Briscoe wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I've just posted this message to the kicad-users group
>>

>>  Hi,
>>  Just tried to build kicad with the kicad-winbuilder script.
>>  It fails with these messages in the following logs
>>
>>  make_release_stderr.log
>>
>>  Build testing (unstable) version of Kicad
>>  mingw32-make[2]: ***
>> [3d-viewer/CMakeFiles/3d-viewer.dir/3d_aux.cpp.obj] Error 1
>>  mingw32-make[1]: *** [3d-viewer/CMakeFiles/3d-viewer.dir/all] Error 2
>>  mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2
>>

>>  make_release_stdout.log
>>  -- Check for installed OpenGL -- found
>>  -- Check for installed wxWidgets -- found
>>  -- Bazaar version control system version  found.
>>  -- Kicad Bazaar build version: (2011-12-09 BZR 3290)
>>  -- Could NOT find Doxygen (missing:  DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE)
>>  -- WARNING: Doxygen not found - doxygen-docs (Source Docs) target not
>> created
>>  -- Configuring done
>>  -- Generating done
>>  -- Build files have been written to:
>> C:/kicad-winbuilder/kicad-winbuilder/build/release
>>  Scanning dependencies of target 3d-viewer
>>  [  0%] Building CXX object
>> 3d-viewer/CMakeFiles/3d-viewer.dir/3d_aux.cpp.obj
>>
>>  There is a pop up message that I will try and attach.
>>
>>  David.
>>
>> The popup says
>>
>> cc1plus.exe-Unable to locate component
>> This application has failed to start because libgmp-10.dll was not
>> found.Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
> David,
>
> The libgmp-10.dll library is part of the GCC compiler suite which
> suggests that the MinGW binary path is not defined in your system path,
> the kicad-winbuilder script is not adding the MinGW binary path to it's
> build environment, or libgmp-10.dll is was not installed properly by
> mingw-get when MinGW was installed.  If this doesn't help, maybe Brian
> can shed some more light on the issue.
>
> Wayne
>
>> David

Wayne,
Thanks for your reply.
libgmp-10.dll is present in C:\kicad-winbuilder\kicad-winbuilder\mingw\bin
I have just added this directory to my path manually and the error has
disappeared. This is the first time that I have had this problem.
I think Brian is the person to sort this out, as it's his script. I
don't want to take up any more of your time as I'm sure you have enough
on your plate writing code for KiCAD.

David.