Re: comment on the design of the "save before exit" window

On 01/06/2012 07:54 AM, Fabrizio Tappero wrote:
> hello,
> in attachment you can find a comparison between the Geda schematic
> "save before exit" window, the eeschema one and the eeschema component
> editor one. I might be wrong but it seems to me that in kicad the same
> question from two different programs is wrongly asked. Because the
> same answer require me to click no for one and yes for the other. Am I
> wrong?
>
> It also seems to me that the Geda question is a little better.
>
> I was wondering if it would not be worth going for a "save" and "close
> without saving" kind of question throughout the whole kicad suite. The
> consequence of not doing that (like in the current kicad case) is that
> for the same action you need to click yes and sometime no, according
> to what the question is.

Fabrizio,

I believe it would be an improvement to achieve some consistency.

Of the two KiCad dialogs you show, the one with the three buttons seems better to me.
I've seen that kind of interface (with 3 simple standard buttons) in other software.

Jedit uses a dialog like this for the same purpose.

You have to decide if it is worth your time.

Regards,

Dick