Re: Cannot move fields in EESCHEMA library editor

On 21 February 2012 15:07, jean-pierre charras <jp.charras@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Le 21/02/2012 11:47, Brian Sidebotham a écrit :
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I was just creating a new part in the EESCHEMA library editor and
>> noticed that I cannot select a field to be able to move it. I've tried
>> the 'M' hotkey as I normall would, and I've also tried the right-click
>> context menu but the context menu doesn't show options for the fields.
>> :(
>>
>> This is with the latest BZR3425 version.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Brian.
>

> I do not have this problem (tested under XP and Ubuntu 10.1)
>

> --
> Jean-Pierre CHARRAS

Hi Jean-Pierre,

I just looked again, and I can select the field if I am pixel perfect
with the mouse pointer. The mouse pointer (not the grid-snapped
cross-hair pointer) must be on the pixel at 0, 0 to be able to bring
up the clarification selection menu. This is easily done by right
clicking with the mouse pointer not on 0, 0 but with the grid-snapped
cross-hair pointer being at 0, 0 and then pressing escape. The mouse
pointer is then warped to the cross-hair at 0, 0 and another
right-click allows selection.

I've attached two screenshots showing the behaviour.

Best Regards,

Brian.