Re: Eeschema libedit_plot_component and SVG plot.

On 03/06/2012 08:33 AM, jp.charras wrote:
> Le 06/03/2012 04:47, Alexander Zakamaldin a écrit :
>> Hi.
>> While working with PAGE_INFO class I found that SVG plot is not working for LIB_EDIT_FRAME::OnPlotCurrentComponent.
>> It plots empty SVG files. First of all I thought my PAGE_INFO changes caused this problem. But then I tried stable branch
>> Kicad and found just the same issue. So my question is it a bug or maybe this feature is still uncompleted?
>>
>> Alexander.
>>
> This is a bug (fixed in my last commit).

It seems to be still present in testing 3448.

Part of the problem are the clamps in PAGE_INFO::SetWidthMils() and ::SetHeightMils().
These are restricting the required small size of the SVG page.  I think we could simply
put wxWarnings in there instead, enabled only in debug builds.

But even if you allow the desired page size, but setting the desired page size in the
debugger, the SVG output can be empty.

This is what I learned this morning, and I can spend more time on it this evening if
Jean-Pierre has not addressed it by then.

Thanks,

Dick