Re: Reverse engineering on KiCad

On Mar 14, 2012, at 2:37 PM, Solonen Vesa wrote:

> Some forgotten details:
>
> Original thread [1] and some more [2]. Regarding linking problems mentioned on [2] they are solved by taking WxWidgets cmake modules from the current branch. Namely 'UsewxWidgets.cmake' and 'FindwxWidgets.cmake'. By these changes everything builds and links nicely on a modern multilib (64b) Linux. And runs too it seems.
>
> Do any of the main developers have any objections for implementing backgroung image support for Pcbnew along the lines of Clive's design? I may take a look for a task of porting that functionality to the current branch, but would like to make it a import menu function.
>
> Best regards,
> -Vesa
>
> [1] http://www.mail-archive.com/kicad-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg01645.html
> [2] http://www.mail-archive.com/kicad-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg01696.html

Upfront: regular user who uses recent KiCad versions, not one of the main developers.

I think this would be a great item to have. In the past I have had some broken "gadgets" to fix, for which I obviously did not have a schematic. Although it can be done by hand (which is what I do), this feature would greatly reduce the time needed to create a schematic (and get an idea where to start looking for broken parts).

/Martijn