Re: Library License

>[components] --A-->  [KiCad board file]  --B-->  [pcb hardware]
>The point is that you cannot restrict A, B, C or D with copyright.

  Ah, thank you!  You have now clearly defined the core concern: A.

  Altium is a well lawyered-up EDA company and if you read their EULA
they seem to believe they can restrict any file created with their
software.  According to them, any file you create with Altium Designer
is _licensed_ to you, not owned by you.  Note this has nothing to do
with circuit ideas and functional designs which cannot be copyrighted.
http://www.altium.com/products/eula.cfm

  "Exclusive rights to the "useful art" ... [is] only available by patent.
  The description itself [is] protectable by copyright."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baker_v._Selden#Holding

  I like hauptmech's idea to wait for SWEET to be finished, add a
License field, then create an online repository.