Re: A few strategy suggestions for the project

Hi Dick, I find good that you share all this with the project so clearly.

As far as I understand (please correct me if I'm wrong) we must be seeking
for a project maintainer, and better if it gets  funded from some
corporation
(that would be the best situation).

In our case, we're such a little company (2 people) that we're already
doing
more than we can with the scripting, which I'm happy to do it in the
weekends,
and eventually we'll have something stable and nice to include in KiCad at
the right time.

If I could help in handling the contributed patches, I'd step to the front,
but I
still don't find confident enough about the internal architecture of Kicad
(just
to know if something will work or just will cause trouble...). And also, in
our current
situation we have a very bad lack of man/hours in our little company.

Something ideal could be to find a set of companies or corporations
interested in
economically funding kicad (or "kicad foundation")  and make things from
there. But this could be complicated at this time I think. Any ideas?

It's good to know that SoftPLC is interested in offering paid support for
other companies,
because that's something that builds trust about other companies that could
be interested in working with kicad (companies that may end funding..)

Sincerely,
Mike