Re: New Pcbnew file format.

Le 09/04/2012 17:02, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
On 4/9/2012 6:28 AM, jean-pierre charras wrote:
On 8/04/2012 8:23 p.m., Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
On 04/08/2012 11:38 AM, lajos kamocsay wrote:
Hi Wayne-

The new file format looks awesome. Very simple and readable.

Would it be possible to standardize the transformation data? Currently
there seems to be a couple different formats, some examples:

   (draw line (pts xy(76.581 47.9425) xy(77.724 47.9425)) (layer 21)
(width 0.127))

   (size 1.016 1.651)

   (at -1.524 0)

   (at (xyz 0 0 0))
   (scale (xyz 0.17 0.16 0.16))
   (rotate (xyz 0 0 0))

Thanks, Wayne for your work.
Here is my first thoughts

(layer 21)

uses an internal pcbnew value to identify a layer.
I am thinking something like

(layer SILKSCREEN_FRONT)

is better.

JP,

Thanks for looking at this.  I agree that the layer number is not
readable.  Do we have any code in place to select the layer number by
the description?  If not, I'll have to add that in order to load the file.

No code to do that.

Also I am thinking inside the brd file, a field giving current units is
good:
something like (unit millimeter)

Either that or a comment that the units used within the file are in
millimeters.  I don't think the design goal was to support different
units in the file itself unless I missed something.

Wayne

Could be just a comment.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS