Re: KICAD_PLUGIN for libraries/components (pcbnew)

I've started reverse engineering a little bit what we have, learning which
objects, how it's done and when do they use the library / modules
functionality.

http://projects.nbee.es/display/KICAD/Footprint%20libraries%20support%20in%20io_mgr%20and%20plugins

I got a few preliminary conclusions:

1) The libraries are don't seem to be stored in memory at all (good for
memory), they are always wrote and read from disk, but may be some set of
objects that keep them indexed in ram would be nice (if that already
doesn't exist)

2) I'm still not sure, but may be PLUGIN function receive some common class
instead of BOARD*.
MODULE/BOARD/"LIBRARY" could be derived from that class (existing or new
"ITEM THAT CAN BE SAVED CLASS").

BOARD_ITEM would be ideal but LIBRARY doesn't look to me like a descendant
of BOARD_ITEM or EDA_ITEM.