Re: Segvia and zone filling.

On 04/19/2012 05:22 AM, Solonen Vesa wrote:
>> I am trying to add this functionality, however I am unsure how to go about it.
> For zone stitching it may make sense to use our current zone filling logic for the purpose. If you look carefully you see zones are filled with polygons and their edges are "rounded" with a track defining also the minimum fill width. That edge track could be used for automatic via stitching with a bit of additional logic how to place vias and how to handle the length of stitching if all the edges are not stitched.
>
> -Vesa

My understanding is that this may already work, provided that you:

a) tie the vias together with a track, and
b) are willing to ignore some DRC errors.

This suggests that the filling portion is probably solid already, and there is some
conditional logic that needs re-working.

I see the DRC errors on thermal pads, but I am currently ignoring them.  I think for
zones, the DRC thing may not be a problem, you just have to tie the via together?