Re: KiCad library format

On Sun, May 06, 2012 at 09:12:55AM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> > I have a question about KiCad component library format. Documentation
> > says that ALIAS line has to be the second line right after DEF line, but
> > in the default device.lib from package it is not this way.
> >
> > I.e. CP component - ALIAS line follows fields F1 line.
> Sometimes even a developer, or even the original author, may not carry this information in
> his/her head.  So to answer the question, he/she would have to look at the source.

Source is always right obviously... but if you can you should try to be independant of the field order, in kicad's file this is not too difficult (usually there is a record type marker): if you get an f, you have a file, if you get alias an alias, and so on until the end-of-part marker. If you already have done something similar think about how DXF are read...

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl