Re: SCH_POLYLINE?

On 5/7/2012 3:39 AM, jp.charras wrote:
Le 07/05/2012 08:48, Lorenzo Marcantonio a écrit :
On Sun, May 06, 2012 at 09:15:11PM -0400, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
AFAIK SCH_POLYLINE is only used for graphic ( non-connectable ) lines
although there is no reason that they couldn't be created as SCH_LINE

SCH_POLYLINE at the moment can only be instantiated from 'p' .sch
records, and that's all! There is loading support for layers but it
mostly doesn't participate in the 'electrical' handling. grepping for
SCH_POLYLINE in all eeschema and common gives:

- A special case in DeleteCurrentSegment

- The class definition itself

- The load operation

- It's in the collectors sets

- Traces of a graphic polyline in the hotkeys file

There is *no way* to instantiate a polyline, so unless there are some in
legacy files I'd say it can be safely ripped out. Even in that case the
load routine could simply instantiate the replacing SCH_NOTELINE (my new
class name) for them. Anyway since now I'm sure it's graphic only I can
finish the m_Layer-icide

SCH_POLYLINE was made to create graphic entities only (a schematic
equivalent of LIB_POLYLINE).
But it was never used in the schematic editor, and cannot be found in
legacy schematic files.
The SCH_LINE was always used for all schematic graphic lines and
"polylines"

(The schematic editor never had a tool to create a true polyline like in
Libedit)

JP,

Thanks for the clarification.

Not to change topics but we also have unused object LIB_BEZIER along with all of the related code in include/bezier_curves.h and common/bezier_curves.cpp that is not used anywhere. I've never seen a LIB_ITEM with a bezier curve. I know the library editor doesn't support drawing them. Are we ever going use them or should we get rid of this code as well? Although it might be nice to have bezier curve support. Has anyone created a LIB_ITEM by hand to validate if the bezier curve support even works? This code has been around since I've been with the project so it's been unused for quite some time. While we are in the process of house keeping we may want to either support LIB_BEZIER in the library editor or remove the unused code.