Re: Introduction and component/footprint integration

Hello Henner,  welcome! :-)

    Your profile is quite interesting for the project, I feel that many of
us share it too, and I agree,
every case comes with it's own fun and challenges.

This is a little site for the developers (just started, and needs a
language/content review)
    http://www.kicad-pcb.org/display/DEV/KiCad+Development

And this are the plans Dick wrote -I know more people helped to design,
Wayne? -  for a distributed library, that
can come from many sources, keeps version control, part inheritance, and
can have source plugins, ...

    http://dev.kicad-pcb.org/sweet/     (</new> directory under the testing
tree)

They are for the schematic part right now, quite ambitious & powerful, and
once done, the same design may be extended
to the pcb footprint part.

   Greetings, Mkie