Re: About today bzr update

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 10:24:58AM +0200, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
> Also the ptr_vector contains *pointers* and the declaration says
>
> T&        operator[]( size_type n );
>
> so, shouldn't the LIB_ITEMS be declared as a collection of LIB_ITEM* ?
> (not so sure about this last thing, but from what I remember about class
> templates it should work that way...)

Woops OK, read the boost docs :D

It has special features so it 'resolves' the pointers on access. But
then it can't contain abstract classes... grrrr

A similar issue is there:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8663689/boostptr-vector-and-cloning-objects

Here talks about a solution
http://lists.boost.org/boost-users/2011/04/67627.php

something about cloning concepts and so on...

(really never liked boost, too fscking convoluted to use...)

OTOH LIB_ITEM should be abstract...

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl