Re: Bill of materials management

On 05/19/2012 07:13 AM, Joseph Baker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been working on a dedicated bill of materials management tool to augment Eagle's
> quite basic BOM script (see https://github.com/jbaker0428/Eagle-BOM-Manager/). That
> being said, I've hit the limits of the free version of Eagle and am working on switching
> to Kicad permanently.

There is an EAGLE pcbnew PLUGIN brewing, and it should soon be able to load eagle *.brd files.

I am seeing tracks on screen already.   Things are shaping up nicely, just a matter of
grinding it out, but the mapping seems relatively nice in terms of capturing most eagle
board elements.  So I remain optimistic about what I am seeing.

Dick