Why ALL capital letters for classes and typedefs

The KiCad coding style policy contains the requirement: "Class, typedef, enum, name space, and macro names should be comprised of all capital letters."
My question is why should CLASSES and TYPEDEFs be comprised of ALL capital letters? What is the reason for that?

The most common convention that I have ever seen before sounds like:
"A class name should begin with a capital letter and be written in mixed case (e.g., String). If a class name consists of more than one word, each word should begin with a capital letter (e.g., StringBuffer). If a class name, or one of the words of a class name, is an acronym, the acronym can be written in all capital letters (e.g., URL, HTMLParser)."

Best regards,
Alexander Lunev

Follow ups