Re: A couple of questions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Program_Files

Remember that 'Program Files' only is a default location for English
installs...
Would it make sense for a multi-user machine to have stuff installed in a
personal directory instead of a system directory?
I have seen systems that would check :
~/.application/ver123/plugins/script1.py and if stuff can not be found
there go to other places so users can install specific things without
impacting the other users.