Re: Using compiler specific c++ extensions

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 06:44:27PM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> I think we should accept a patch from you. This is not Java, it is C++. C++ cannot do
> this, Java can.
>
> It is really that simple. GCC maintainers probably know Java, but that does not give them
> a license to bend the language on their own, counter-current to the rest of the C++
> language supporters.

Fully agree with that... but a) I don't get why a POD like a float couldn't be a const object (like an int) and b) why gcc doesn't give a warning; maybe because it's an 'harmless' extension...

I'm really curious to see the rationale for that ISO decision...

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl