Re: wxPython

2012/8/1 Lorenzo Marcantonio <l.marcantonio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I'm fearing about the can of worms this will open:P it seems that wxPython
> is in fact a whole wxWidget distro, right?
>
> Hmm, AFAIK, It's only a shared library installed to Python, some extra .py
files, and it includes some extra headers
that will go under wx-xx.xx/wx/wxPython when you install it, but no static
libraries or anything, just the .h files
under there are self-contained and unleash the full potential of your
system installed wx library :-)

> More and more compilation and configuration hell, then... :((

Everything is handled by cmake at this moment, will need to tweak Win32 a
little bit again, but probably not too much.

> What version do you recommend? any particular configuration parameter?

I'm testing with standard installed wx-2.8 , and wxpython in ubuntu +
python 2.7, but Edwin was making it work with python-2.6,

> Also from the build doc on the site I don't see my loved wx debug build
> option :((

Sorry, don't know what do you mean exactly for that part :-)