Re: Python binding of enums

On Thu, Aug 09, 2012 at 11:53:42AM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> I do not see a similar support infrastructure within wxWidgets, yet wxPython seems to work
> adequately.  Keep thinking.

Two things about how wxPython works:

- Many classes are *explicity* defined int the .i files (this could be
  the reason for the tight coupling between version). Example: the whole
  graphic context; whenever wxWindows changes, wxPython has to adjust
  it. Nothing serious actually, it just has to be done. It also serve
  the documentation purpose since you have the python interface

- wx *does* indeed check its argument (the 'visual noise' problem);
  in fact the asserts in the debug build are very useful

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl