Re: Decoupling issues with python

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 10:34:30AM +0200, Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo wrote:
> What's PLOTTER class reponsible for exactly?

Kind of a device context, only it spits out plotfiles (subclassed for
every plot driver, i.e. DXF_PLOTTER, HPGL_PLOTTER and so on); it has
some 'specialized' primitives, for example: you tell it to draw a pad
and the driver (depending on mode) draws outlines, flashes apertures and
so on. If at least other two people ask for it there will be an
SVG_PLOTTER too (it seems that the generic wx code is disappointing for
people, they want more 'structured' drawings)

> Yes, it's somehow needed because of the way Cmake implements swig module
> generation. First time everything is compiled for the _pcbnew.so (in a
> different subdirectory), and the next time is compiled for pcbnew itself.
> If we define a compilation strategy ourselves ignoring the SWIG macros
> provided by cmake, that could be avoided, but not sure if it could cause
> trouble the day we can build a diet _pcbnew.so without all the UI parts.

No issue for that, I justed wanted to know it that was the 'correct'
build behaviour.

> I compile pcbnew doing "make pcbnew" to avoid the _pcbnew.so compilation
> while I'm working, that saves 1/2 of my time and energy.

Thanks for the tip, I'll do that way too

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl