Re: Decoupling issues with python

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 12:31:24PM -0400, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> BASE_SCREEN to BOARD.  Since there is no scripting support for
> schematics at this point, you should be fairly safe.  This way you
> don't break anything in Eeschema and you solve the BOARD scripting
> dilemma. If you chose to go this route, please add a note in
> BASE_SCREEN to indicated the members not used by Pcbnew as a
> courtesy to other developers.

Read my other mail. I took out the model part from BASE_SCREEN and
relocated it to SCH_SCREEN; for pcbnew it goes in BOARD. BOARD is pretty
much 100% model, SCH_SCREEN is about 70% model and BASE_SCREEN is
a mess:P

> At some point I will get around to (unless someone beats me to it)
> creating a SCHEMATIC model object and remove the last bits of model
> code from BASE_SCREEN. I was tentatively planning on finishing it
> before I implement the new s-expression schematic file format.

At the moment I consider SCH_SCREEN the eeschema model; and anyway I'm
working mostly on pcbnew so the issue is on the common ancestors.

Still there are some access path too convoluted for my tastes (i.e. too
much stuff to be passed from the caller because it's unavailable, even
if it should be). At least pcbnew is not multipage otherwise it would be
a lot worse!

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl