Re: Has reversepcb been ported to latest code?

My use is quite similar, but regarding porting the changes there were noticeable opposition from main developers. I also see why, regarding how it's done in reversepcb (it's essentially a quick dirty hack). It also seemed that the functionality was considered "politically incorrect" ;) If that incorrectness can be corrected with some good reasoning, then I'd suggest leveraging current scripting support for reverse-engineering use.

Scripted RE would mean cleaner code with KiCad details hidden and also allow some great automation for pattern matching etc. OpenCV for component placement and routing... A background image support for all pcb layers would be a great start.

Some old discussion is here:
https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg07628.html

-Vesa