Re: Offtopic: Stellaris LM4F120

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo
<miguelangel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Nice Vesa, does it handle ADC sync to PWM (useful for SMPS) and dead band
> control in PWM ? -)
>
> I'm using some SMPS dspic chips that handle that, but 32bits and free
> toolchains would be even better.
>

> PS: I'm branching this conversation as off-topic as it seems to be of wide
> interest :-)
>

> 2012/10/12 Vesa Solonen <vesa.solonen@xxxxxxxx>
>>
>> 11.10.2012 18:09, Dick Hollenbeck kirjoitti:
>>

>>> More immediately, I need a template for this StellarisLM4F120 Launchpad
>>> board:
>>

>> I've been eyeing on it for some serious smps and induction heating
>> control. The only thing that is less than clear is there a fully open
>> toolchain available. I'm not going to invest much for a proprietary
>> programming tools.
>>
>> The price and features are impressive. Might jump off the AVR ship...
>>
>> -Vesa

I don't think the LM4F120 has that, but the LM4F230 will have 14 PWMs
with deadband control and two quadarature encoder channels... and has
the same footprint as the LM4F120, so it might be possible to
"upgrade" the launchpad with a hot air rework station....

And the '120 has a couple of timers that might be able to provide PWM
signals with a bit more overhead.

--
Henry von Tresckow (hvontres)