Re: KiCad PCB

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:23:07AM -0700, Richard Howlett wrote:
> I thought that the "Append Board" might have been a planned way of
> dealing with hierarchy that just wasn't fully implemented.  Now, I'm
> guessing it for stepping multiple boards to export into gerber to
> exploit full PCB panels?

Nope, append board has *nothing* to do with panelisation. In fact
nothing in pcbnew supports the panel idea (you'll need to handle
multiple components with the same reference or better yet some kind of
'instancing' mechanism).

It is, however, useful to fuse multiple master library board.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl