Drawings on edge cuts layer in module editor

I see that drawings are explicitly not allowed on the edge cuts layer in
the module editor. Is there a good reason for this? Some fabs allow
internal cuts and specify that they should be on the edge cuts layer, so if
drawings are allowed on the edge cuts layer you can include non-plated
and/or non-circular mounting holes in the footprint.

I tried getting rid of the check in question and it seems to work nicely,
placing the module on the board places my mounting holes on the edge cuts
layer along with the board outline.

See loop at
pcbnew/dialogs/dialog_graphic_item_properties_for_Modedit.cpp:157

Follow ups