Re: Append schematic feature in Eeschema

El 02/01/13 11:43, jean-pierre charras escribió:

>> To fix (a) I was asking about the relation between .sch files,
>> components and libraries. When I open a .sch file which uses components
>> that are not in my loaded libraries, how does eeschema know the
>> components definition?
>>
> Sorry for the delay.
> sch files do not store component shapes and definitions. they are stored
> in libraries.
>
> From my point of view, "append schematic" could be better replaced by a
> more powerful (and very similar for users) copy and paste function using
> the clipboard between 2 instances of eeschema.

Thanks for your answer Jean-Pierre. Now I have a better idea of the
different file types in KiCad and their interrelations.

I think I will put off this patch for the moment, since it looks like
this is not trivial and it could be better to focus in different
problems, like you say. In any case, the knowledge I got while doing it
will be useful :)

--
Jacobo