Re: How do you guys do gerber drill files (or gerber drill woes)

Hi Adam,

On 01/28/2013 10:56 AM, Adam Wolf wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> This is a mailing list for KiCad development, and your message probably
> isn't appropriate for this list.  However, to short circuit the
> discussion:  I use KiCad, and I have ordered PCBs through Seeed, Laen's
> PDX group order/OSHPark, Advanced Circuits, Gold Phoenix...

I did want to send this to the devel list specifically. Reason: if I had
enough experience with the kicad source, I would fix this. I am too rare
of a contributor to afford to say things like "this looks broken and we
should fix it", so I tone down a little bit.

> I'm not sure what you're doing, but there are a lot of settings.  These
> are the settings we use at Wayne and Layne.  They are likely not
> optimal, but they work for us.
>
> http://www.wayneandlayne.com/blog/2012/06/18/generating-gerber-files-with-kicad/

I do want to thank you for your suggestion. It does produce files very
close to RS-274x format.

Alex