Re: FSF, LibreCad, FreeCAD

On 1/29/2013 4:21 PM, Alex G. wrote:
> On 01/29/2013 02:22 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>> I would like to add DWG support to
>> KiCad.  It's something that I need at work.  But given this situation,
>> that is probably not going to happen without writing our own DWG
>> library.
>
> Huh? I thought Kicad is GPLv2+, which should link OK with GPLv3 code.
> What am I missing here?

Licensing compatibility on only one factor to consider. The fact that
virtually no one else is using it means we get to debug and maintain it.
 According to the article (I didn't actually check) there a hasn't been
any commits in over two years.  That's not the kind of dependency I
would want to add to KiCad.  I doubt we would have used Boost if it were
actively being developed.