Re: Files format

Le 30/01/2013 21:32, Dick Hollenbeck a écrit :
On 01/30/2013 01:58 PM, Pinault Nicolas wrote:
Hi,

There is a document describing Kicad file formats on bazaar. The last
revision is quite old (2011-12-04).
Is this document up to date ?
There are probably two questions to ask here:

1) Is this document in rev control the newest one available by the same name?

I don't know.

2) Does the newest of this document name address currently used file formats?

No, there is the "pretty" footprint library format just around the corner, and the
*.kicad_pcb board format already in use.

Neither is documented, a volunteer is needed for that if it is to get done.  It may never
get done, since those formats are pretty human readable.
Somebody may need to be financially motivated to do it.

I am currently interested in schematic library format. So, I guess I can rely on the document found on Bazaar.

Best regards,
Nicolas