Re: Files format

I would be excited to do a cleaned up documentation of these formats.
Could I get a sense from any developers that are listening, where the
greatest need is?  (Does it make more sense to start documenting the sch
library format, the schematic?  the pcb format? etc?)

-R

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 3:55 PM, Pinault Nicolas
<nicolas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Le 30/01/2013 21:32, Dick Hollenbeck a écrit :
>
>  On 01/30/2013 01:58 PM, Pinault Nicolas wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> There is a document describing Kicad file formats on bazaar. The last
>>> revision is quite old (2011-12-04).
>>> Is this document up to date ?
>>>
>> There are probably two questions to ask here:
>>
>> 1) Is this document in rev control the newest one available by the same
>> name?
>>
>> I don't know.
>>

>> 2) Does the newest of this document name address currently used file
>> formats?
>>
>> No, there is the "pretty" footprint library format just around the
>> corner, and the
>> *.kicad_pcb board format already in use.
>>
>> Neither is documented, a volunteer is needed for that if it is to get
>> done.  It may never
>> get done, since those formats are pretty human readable.
>> Somebody may need to be financially motivated to do it.
>>

> I am currently interested in schematic library format. So, I guess I can
> rely on the document found on Bazaar.
>

>>  Best regards,
>>> Nicolas

"Please excuse the crudity of this model.  I didn't have time to build it
to scale or paint it."
   -Doctor Emmett Brown
*    Back to the Future*
*