Re: Python Scripting Status?

On 02/13/2013 05:04 AM, Senthil Seveelavanan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Firstly I would like to thank all those who have contributed to Kicad. Kicad must have
> taken (and must be) a lot of work!
>
> I have seen there have been some movements to provide a Python interface to Kicad
> <http://www.kicad-pcb.org/display/%7Eajo/2012/05/08/KiCad+Scripting+Branch>.
> - Are there any builds with scripting support?

linux only.

windows status can be described as evolving quickly to catch up to linux.

Start here to learn more, follow the thread.

https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg09377.html

It would be boring to have the same conversatin again.

Only Pcbnew has any python support currently.  For eeschema, it might just get in the way
at this point, there is work to do on eeschema before python would make sense.