Re: SWEET: multisheet schematic concerns

On 2/21/2013 10:53 AM, Ryan Sturmer wrote:
> Long time listener, first time writer.
>
> One sheet per file makes the most sense to me, as well.  The way the
> project management is done right now is a little big awkward, IMO.
>  KiCAD seems to want to generate project files and stuff when I don't
> want them.  I am also an Altium Designer user, and I find it's project
> management functionality to be pretty sensible, for the most part.
>
> -R

If you don't have anything to do for a couple of hours (days?), see the
original discussion about the new schematic file format:

https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg06358.html

There is no plan to have separate files for each sheet.  The new design
will be infinitely more modular than the current design and should
greatly simplify complex hierarchy code and file format compared to what
we currently have.  The new design will make it possible to support cut
and paste and indirectly drag and drop.  Individual files do not make
the schematic structure more modular.  A superior design does.  Once
this gets implemented (probably not any time soon), I think it will make
a lot more sense.

Wayne