Re: CERN plans for Kicad

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 10:01 PM, <l.marcantonio@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'd already seen that list before... anyway some things are already in
> motion (I'm doing the layer limit removal thing, for example).

 This reply in the list to an off-list message might have been confusing
for some, so here's some clarification. We in the BE-CO-HT section at CERN
have been contributing to KIcad for some time. I have been waiting to go
public with a message explaining the context and our plans [1], because one
key component is still missing: CERN's donations site. This is an
initiative from the Knowledge Transfer group at CERN whereby people will be
able to donate to help us work faster and better. I really hope they can
have it ready in the coming weeks. In the meantime, since our plans might
be relevant to what Lorenzo and Vesa were discussing, I sent them the link
[1] so they could try to see where these features could fit in a grander
scheme.

Now that it's done I see no reason why these ideas should not be made
public already, so thanks Lorenzo ;)

Cheers,

Javier

[1] http://www.ohwr.org/projects/cern-kicad/wiki