Re: [Translation] Strings

On Sun, Apr 07, 2013 at 04:08:53PM +0100, arius wrote:
> Something like the following should be avoided if parts of the string are determined during applications runtime:
>     wxString msg = _( "Delete everything on layer " ) + GetBoard()->GetLayerName( aLayer );

> Instead, please favour something like the following, if possible:
>     wxString msg;
>     msg.Printf(_( "Delete everything on layer %s" ), GetBoard()->GetLayerName( aLayer ));

I feel guilty :D

In my defense, it was already coded that way:P:P

A bad news for you translators... there are *a lot* of messages built
with <<, which is equivalent to use + (more or less)...

By the way, is positional printf supported even under windows? AFAIK the
system one didn't work (I had to use trio one time)... maybe it is wx that implemented it

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl