Re: Scritpting tracks/vias (4076)

On 04/09/2013 05:00 AM, Senthil Seveelavanan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks to Adam Wolf, who has patiently helped me get
> his /ppa:adamwolf/kicad-scripting-//testing-daily working/, I now
> have a somewhat working version of 'pcbnew with scripting'.
>
> I am going through the code to try understand what functions are
> exposed (with difficulty).
>
> My goal is to generate with python tracks and vias. Is this
> currently possible?

The intention was there to support this and it may or may not work.
You are on the bleeding edge of development, and that is a significant
opportunity to help both with improving documentation and in feeding
in enhancement requests as you discover deficiencies.

I might suggest that enhancement requests go to the bug list as
wishlist items, since things can get lost on the mailing list.  Well
they are not lost, simply forgotten because of lack of categorization.

The entire KiCad project is the result of volunteer effort, so keep
your expectations low, and expect to have to volunteer some of your
own effort.

Dick