Re: quotes around part numbers

On 04/10/2013 09:44 AM, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 09:25:15AM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
>> Lorenzo,
>>
>> In the course of updating some translatable strings, I see you removed
>> some quotes around some of the non-filename values where I had
>> inserted them.
>>
>> This pertains to at least these files: specctra*.cpp, *_plugin.cpp
>>
>> These non-filename fields can sometimes be blank, especially during an
>> error scenario where unpredictable things happen, and the purpose of
>> the quotes is to make the blank-ness visibleby showing a placehold or
>> "" or '' in such a case.
> OK, didn't think about the fault case; I used the following 'rules'
> which were the most used:
>
> <%s> for filenames
> "%s" for strings
> no quotes for references, values or footprints

I would have been most happy with an apology.

I don't have Jean-Pierre's infinite patience with respect to changes
in my code.

It is best to ask, like I did recently with Brian's work.

All these variables need delineation to catch blank spaces and
emptiness.  Sometimes even a trailing blank space can only be noticed
if the quoting is in place.