Re: Shouldn't the template go in the library repo?

On 04/11/2013 02:35 PM, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
> The templates have nothing to do with the code base... in fact they
> *depends* on the component library...

Not a bad idea, maybe we'd get more templates that way.

I used a template yesterday and it came with its own library, so your statement about
depending on libraries is iffy.

We could ask that schematic parts and footprints be placed into stock libraries, but I
think that inhibits the creation of templates by third parties that won't want to commit
them into the library source tree that we have.

A blended strategy has folks submitting templates which include their own libraries, and
over time we consolidate those libraries into a more permanent home say once per year or so.

But I agree that these should go into the library tree.  :)

Because we will get more of them.  BTW, the template BOARD is of great value.

Brian, what are your thoughts?