Re: Plan B for layer names

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 12:57:19PM +0200, Fabrizio Tappero wrote:

> I seem to understand that checkbox colour background (orange in my
> Linux and white in windoz) isn't that easy to change so, in attachment
> an other possible example of how the layer navigation bar could be
> redesigned to fit larger names and in the same time make use of colour
> background.

Colours on the standard controls are system-defined (depends on what wx
is running on); the colour swatch button or the little arrow beside the
layer name is handled by us so (with some work) we could conceivably add
some extra UI functionality here.

A thing I don't like with the current arrangement is having to use the
third button to change layer colour (good luck with laptops...) when it
can be usefully done in this way:
- Click on the button: change color
- Click on the layer name: change layer

I think the layer name is sufficiently big as a target to click to
change layer :D also the whole 3D border for the button is not needed
for the colour swatch, a simple flat border would suffice (thing about
the GIMP color indicator)

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl