Re: XSL Script to convert BOM XML File to CSV

Hi!, thanks!,

Yesterday I was struggling through the same problem trying to generate
some documentation for a project we must assemble & deliver soon.

I still miss some fields (user inserted) that we (Tome Verissimo, hi!)
include in the schematic parts, like supplier codes, etc..

At this moment, the .csv BOM generator can build a CSV with user fields,
but if you have variable fields in your parts

part1:
   field_name_A: "aaa content"
   field_name_X: "xxx content"

part2:
   field_name_A: "aaa content"
   field_name_B: "bob content"

   field_name_X: "xxx content"

the field names get lost in export, and the the columns move back and forth across the rows.

So I was thinking to add an extra .CSV writer that takes care of this, and, may be even
some kind of json writer, that writes a dictionary that can be used for interoperability/scripts.

I'd love to have scripting in eeschema, but yet I must get the full stack of pcbnew documented
properly, and eeschema is in the refactoring queue AFAIK.

Greetings,
Mike.

Miguel Angel Ajo
http://www.nbee.es (http://www.nbee.es/)