Re: XSL Script to convert BOM XML File to CSV

On 04/17/2013 10:43 AM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> fixing chapter 14 of english eeschema.odt now to tell about this new BOM generator.
>
> No protection against concurrent editing, so I do it by email here.

Done with that English documentation work and it is checked in, eeschema.pdf file
regenerated with up do date T.O.Contents.

It should now be possible to remove the C++ BOM code at any point now.

I still have plans to contribute a BOM generator in python, one that provides the one part
per row view like this XSLT style-sheet does, PLUS a collated set of rows at the bottom,
where all similar parts are combined onto one row with a fat column showing all
ref-designators of that part.

I have the above done in Java from years ago, but it is scanning the *.sch files, so it
needs to be:

a) converted to python,
b) use the intermediate netlist format instead of reading *.sch files.

Time permitting of course.

Dick