Re: Was: page selection dialog, everybody please comment

Le 19/04/2013 14:48, Lorenzo Marcantonio a écrit :
On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 02:41:01PM +0200, jp charras wrote:
  Engineering Comment Order

Maybe Engineering Change Order? some CAD use this term for forward/back
annotation...

Yes, or perhaps Engineering Command Order.
ECO was used in my previous EDA tool, but this was 15 years ago,
so I do nor remember exactly ...
I used it in Kicad as comment layers.

Another think... what does the ki in kicad stand for???

Just curious:P

No special meaning.
When I was searching for a name, I was searching a name with Cad (Computer Aided Design) inside. But most of names like Ecad, eecad, freecad ... were already in use, and after a small brain storming, a friend of mine suggest me kicad. The word was also something like an English word, and French guys are strange guys: they like English words for names (and in the same time, complain there are too many English words in use in French...)
I was pleased with this and used it.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS