Re: Was: page selection dialog, everybody please comment

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 07:11:41PM -0500, Karl Schmidt wrote:
> In real life ECO means something a bit different -- they are
> documents that help stop things like purchasing substituting parts
> with lower voltages.. I would write and sign an ECO for any part
> change - sometime purchasing would not be able to get a particular
> part so before they could buy a substitute it would have to be
> approved by Engineering with a signed ECO.

Ah... *that's* an ECO:D I know it, even too well... and even higher
voltages than specced give issues: fuses have different I²s and ceramic
caps are strongly voltage dependent (in this case usually it's
better:P)....

We simply say "sign me for this component" here:P

> I'm supposing that the ECO layers in kicad would be to put text
> strings describing the changes? I've always wondered what the
> original intent was?

No idea, the manual just says these are for commente.

> and this (which is really narrow and seems to not realize that ECOs
> are used in many engineering fields outside of electronics ) :

I suppose everything with a BOM or a manufacturing sequence needs
something like that...

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl