Re: Was: page selection dialog, everybody please comment

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 08:01:15AM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> Lorenso, you were the only person consulted on this one.  Some amount of work was expended
> by you.
>

> The consultative decision process is described here:
>

>   http://www.zingtrain.com/articles/decisions-part-i-choosing-a-decision-style/

Uhm interesting stuff. I'll read that.

> While you are in this reference, see what Peter Drucker said:
>
> “A decision is a judgment. It is a choice between alternatives. It is rarely a choice
> between right and wrong. It is at best a choice between ‘almost right’ and ‘probably
> wrong’ — but much more often a choice between two courses of action, neither of which is
> provably more nearly right than the other.”

Perfectly agree on that. Also here in Italy we just had political
elections... no goverment *yet* for something like a month :D

I added the 'everybody please comment' to have feedback. I have exposed
my point and I think I have nothing else to say on the topic (other than
personal preferences). If the core developers or most other people at
the end think that an int would be better then, as I said, I'll even
backpatch the LAYER_NUM to int. No problem with that. The work wouldn't
be had done in vain anyway since I discovered the many points of layer
usage and that would be useful later (version control is useful for that
too).

Is that democratic enough for you? :D

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio