Re: Highlithing components with a certain value

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 04:03:16PM +0200, Simon Huwyler wrote:
> So, a short thing explained complicated. Really nothing more than “highlight all components with value xxx (where xxx could, preferably include wildcards)

Could be useful and should not be intrusive. I see nothing bad in that.

> What do you think? Does it make sense? As I said, I urgently need it, so I will implement it.. But is it worth an additional menu entry in the release branch?

IIRC someone already asked for it. You could extend the 'search' dialog
for that (something like a button 'Highlight All'). But I don't know if
pcbnew handles multiple component highlighting at the moment (I fear for
a g_currentComponent variable or such...)

Wildcarding is easy to do, since wx has all the needed functions. Look
in the eeschema search routines.

PS: resistor *bag*? I hope you're talking about THT resistors, a bag of
EIA chips would be awful to handle:D

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl