Re: Select layer pair

I forgot: Of course, if you hit the VIA button, there is also the visible switch between active and alternative layer.

You said that this is too complicated. I say: It's much easier and clearer then the actual status quo with the "switch layer pairs" button chanigng colors.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- From: Lorenzo Marcantonio
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 1:07 PM
To: Kicad Developers
Subject: Re: [Kicad-developers] Select layer pair

On Wed, May 01, 2013 at 12:59:39PM +0200, Simon Huwyler wrote:
I would suggest, for example, to have another indicator at the layer managment toolbar. Maybe another blue triangle like the one that indicates the active layer? Maybe one that is just outlined? And right-clicking on where you have to left-click to select the active layer selects the “alternative” layer.

I find that the 'best' layer selectors are the hot keys. However the
layer pair is most useful with the Via key. I think that another
indicator in the layer bar would be confusing unless really clear.
Probably it would be better an hotkey to pop up the pair selector:P

However it mostly depends on your tracking style (and how your layers
are organized). I often try to keep layer transitions to a minimum (for
obvious reasons) and try to keep the same kind of signal on the same
layer (this mostly apply for more than 4 layers, of course).

A 'different click' to choose the secondary layer could be handy but
I personally don't feel is missing. It could be added to the layer bar
reworking proposed a while ago (if somebody actually want to do it)

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl