Re: UTF8 source files

On May 3, 2013, at 8:26 AM, Lorenzo Marcantonio <l.marcantonio@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, May 03, 2013 at 09:12:50AM +0200, Edwin van den Oetelaar wrote:
>> I checked the patch with GEdit, Vim, Geany, Notepad and HexEdit.
>> The original text shows as a mu sign ( in html &mu; )
>> changes the text into an A circumflex  ( in html &Acirc; ) followed by
>> a mu sign.
>>
>> In Hex it shows : 0xB5 0x6D changed into 0xC2 0xB5 0x6D ( where 0xC2
>> is the A circumflex)
>
> There was a problem in the mail. Looking into it says:
>
> --=_liftoff-vm-8872-1367554803-0001-2
>
> Thunderbird fault, it converted it to latin-1 before sending:D
>
> Dick should try to put it in a zip or something to force 'as-is'
> transmission by the mailer. Or otherwise find a way to coerce
> thunderbird to use utf-8

If you want UTF-8 to be default in Thunderbird, you could try in Thunderbird:
Tools → Options → Display → Formatting → Fonts → Advanced... → Character Encodings → Outgoing Mail: (select UTF-8)
Source: http://superuser.com/questions/288571/change-thunderbird-default-encoding-for-composing-messages

/Martijn