Re: UTF8 source files

On 05/03/2013 01:22 AM, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
> On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 11:20:09PM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
>> We introduced a patch today which introduces UTF8 encoding into a couple of source files,
>> then made a policy decision to allow UTF8 string constants in 8 bit strings.  So this is
>> currently about 3 places only, nothing to worry about yet.
>
> I say it's a good thing to do *if* we are sure that the UTF8 string
> encoding is good inside strings (C++ doesn't specify AFAIK, so it's more
> a wx issue).
>

> Could we also try to standardize on line ends? sadly bzr doesn't handle
> automatic conversion like svn:eol-style, and diffs come out with ugly
> results. Just a personal suggestion, they don't give actually much
> trouble.

Line endings:

Yes, you should not have to suffer.

I would like to use a policy of "native" meaning on windows CRLF, and on linux LF, i.e.
"don't worry about it, it just works mode".  Interestingly, this is how it works on my
system, but I cannot tell you why right now.

I will look into it in the next week or so.

Dick