Page setting dialog

I'm adding the box for the date. Even if I totally suck at UI
programming (especially with wx) there is one thing that is not clear to
me: why each text box has an event for text change which takes the
text from the control, put it in the dialog member variable and refresh
the page minisample?

Shouldn't the sample be updated only when changing page-relate stuff
(not the revision, for example) and the text only taken from the
control at OK/validation time or am I missing something?

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl